McGrath Athletic Liability Training: Overview
“Protect Students, Yourself and Your District”
Designed to provide athletic directors, principals, and coaches with the legal requirements and guidelines regarding their duties and responsibilities for student and staff safety both on and off campus. A range of topics creates awareness of issues and circumstances which could put the employee and/or the district at risk for legal liability.
Participants will learn:
- To identify the greatest risks and liabilities in sports and how to avoid them
- Employer and individual liability in school athletics
- Responsibility as a District Employee and “Duty to Protect” requirements
- Legal guidelines and precautions related to health issues such as serious injuries, heat related illness, eating disorders, steroid use, and more.
- Awareness and prevention of sexual harassment, peer to peer harassment, hazing, and other unsafe student or coaching acts.
- To avoid “deliberate indifference” charges
- How to use daily duty-of-care checklists and report forms
- To properly inform and warn parents and athletes of risks
- Successful communication strategies in athletics
McGrath Training Systems will provide each participant attending the workshop with a McGrath Athletic Liability Training Manual.
The McGrath Athletic Liability Training is generally conducted as a full day seminar and is intended for Principals, athletic directors and coaches of all sports programs.
Learn About “Coaching Perspectives in the New Millennium” by McGrath Trainer William D. Berard III, Attorney at Law.
Visit our Testimonials Page to see what our attendees have to say about the program.
Athletic Liability Related Resources: