Graduate Credit FAQ’s

Graduate Credits – FAQ’s

What kind of credit do you offer?

The Baker University School of Professional and Graduate Studies offers graduate credit for selected McGrath Training Systems workshops and distance learning programs.

Which of your workshops are approved for credit?
The 2-day live training versions of both the McGrath Sexual Harassment Investigation Training (Level One) and the McGrath SUCCEED with Supervision, Evaluation and Leadership Progam are approved for 1 graduate credit each.

Can I get graduate credit for my CyberSchool course?
Our McGrath CyberSchool Course — Sexual Harassment and Abuse Complaint Intake, Management and Investigation Training — is offered via the worldwide web for graduate credit. The depth of coursework involved merits 2 graduate credits. Teachers working on their administrator credentials and administrators working on post-graduate degrees are encouraged to add this course to their curriculum.

What are the fees for credit?
Participants taking a McGrath course for graduate credit will receive a letter grade and must complete all parts of the program. They will be charged an additional $50 per graduate credit, plus a $5 fee for transcripts.

How do I apply for credit?
Live Workshops: Your McGrath Trainer will bring the necessary paperwork and handle processing for any participants wishing to apply for graduate credit.
CyberSchool: Upon completion of your course, please email us at for an application and instructions.

Will I receive a letter grade?
Yes, you will receive a letter grade. Grades in our on-site programs are based on participation and are submitted by the McGrath Trainer after each course.

Grades for the CyberSchool course are based on your final cumulative test score. The grading scale is as follows:

A = 90%+
B = 85%-89%
C = 80-84%
F = 79% or below

Do you give Continuing Education Units?
No, McGrath Training does not issue CEUs. Most organizations that contract with McGrath to train their employees typically offer CEUs, inservice credits or some form of salary points for completion of each program, so we find it unnecessary. We do issue certificates of completion which you can submit to your school district, public agency or licensing organization as proof of completion.

Where is Baker University and are they accredited?
With its main campus in Overland Park, Kansas, Baker University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges. Its accreditation has been continuous since first granted in 1912. The university offers both an undergraduate degree in education and master’s degrees in Education and in School l Leadership.

In addition, Baker University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation both recognize NCATE as a professional accrediting body for teacher preparation.

Can I transfer my credits to my local university?
Baker University graduate credits are transferable to institutions in all 50 US states. While we cannot guarantee that your graduate credit and/or letter grade will transfer, we have had good results so far. We have been offering graduate credit through Baker University since 2001 and have received zero complaints regarding transfer of credit. Please check with your local institution with specific questions regarding criteria for transferring credit.

© 2007 McGrath Training Systems